Friday 16 November 2012

Portrait Photographers day 1

Nick Knight



Alexander McQueen
Devon, 1997

Susie Smoking, 1988

Okay, so my tutor today opened my eyes to really engaging with photographers work, so I have decided to chose a photographer every once or twice a week to talk about. Some I will have know for ages and some will be newly discovered I am excited to see what I can find. 

This week I have decided to talk about Nick Knight and why I love his portraiture work. First off I'm going to start by saying how much I love these three images. I like the colours of the last two images, its a strange mix between pastels, which is subtle compared to other photographers work. The first image reminds me of David bailey's portraits. The black and white combined with the closeness of the subject with the camera really brings out how bailey takes his portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment